Monday 1 November 2010

Preliminary Task post-production

Once we had finished filming our clip, we captured all of our footage on the computer. We used Adobe Premier Pro to edit our filming, but as we were an unusually large group we could not all edit at once.


There were many difficulties whilst editing, particularly the match on action sequence where Alex B goes to open the door, and we see him walking out the other side. It was very stressful as each time we inserted a new clip, the software would play up and delete another. This was very frustrating and time consuming. Eventually we had to re-edit and organise the sequence of the clips. And some of the clips had to become shorter than we had hoped.  


This was my first time using premier pro, and at times I found it fairly confusing, however the more I played around with it the more simpler it became. I feel that because the clips became so awkward whilst I was editing, I took over trying to fix what had gone wrong. 


I feel that the finishing product is much shorter than planned, but considering my groups situation I think it turned out reasonably well! I believe It would have been more successful if there had been sound effects throughout, but unfortunately we did not have time for this.




No comments:

Post a Comment